Truck Accident Lawyer
Adesina Law Firm wants to help anyone who was injured or harmed in a Chicago truck accident. Tractor-trailer trucks and 18-wheelers pose a great risk to other drivers on the road and must be operated with great care. Drivers of these heavy vehicles need to be vigilant and dependable. If they are not, they can inflict severe injuries on other motorists.
If you or a loved one were injured in a truck accident in Chicago, let our team fight for fair compensation on your behalf.
We Want to Help You Determine How Your Accident Occurred
The negligent driver who harmed you could have been recklessly driving or may have struck you due to other circumstances. Your Chicago truck accident lawyer can devote themselves to determining the cause of your accident and identifying any responsible parties.
Some reasons the negligent party may have harmed you can include:
- Texting while driving
- Intoxicated driving (due to alcohol or drugs)
- Reckless driving (road rage, swerving, etc.)
- Encouragement from management to drive longer hours without resting
- Vehicular malfunction, such as faulty brakes or steering system
As for figuring out who to pursue financial recovery, Adesina Law Firm can analyze the evidence available in your case to establish liability. Depending on the circumstances of your situation, we may be able to identify multiple roles in your collision. These can include the individual motorist, their employer, or the company that manufactured the truck.
Types of Damages You Could Recover
The physical injuries you suffered in your accident are not the only loss for which you may be able to collect damages.
Some forms of compensation a Chicago truck accident lawyer could pursue on your behalf could cover:
- Pain and suffering and inconvenience
- Emergency medical treatment
- Additional medical expenses (such as physical therapy, follow-up doctor appointments, and assistive devices)
- Any psychological therapy you may require
- Transportation costs to and from doctor’s appointments
- Property damage
- Lost wages
- Reduced earning capacity
- Childcare costs
There may be other forms of damages for which you may be able to collect awards. Work with a lawyer so they can help you analyze the specific circumstances of your claim and address your case’s unique needs.
A Chicago Truck Accident Lawyer Can Help You Prove Liability
When pursuing damages from the responsible party, you will be required to prove that said party was, in fact, liable for your injuries and losses.
You will have to do this by proving that:
- The other driver owed you a duty of care
- The other driver violated this duty
- The violation resulted in or contributed to your injuries
- Your injuries caused you financial losses
Requirements of this kind can feel daunting when you are trying to recover from your injuries and rebuild your life. Adesina Law Firm, PC can stand by your side during this process and take on the task of proving liability in your accident. They can even represent you in court if negotiations with the responsible party’s insurance company result in a wrongfully denied claim or a settlement that is too low to cover all your losses.